Running eseia Courses
eseia International Student Camp 2021
Topic: Process development and evaluation in the biorefinery industry
Timing: 19- 23 July 2021
Host: eseia member LNEG, Lisbon, Portugal
Format: the eseia International Student Camp will be delivered fully online.
Purpose of eseia Student Camp 2021 is:
- to make students aware of company business models guided by academics and professionals;
- for students to come up with new usage scenarios and corresponding business models;
- to enhance cooperation with olive oil waste recycling, seashell and algae production companies.
- educate students to study company business models guided by academics and professionals with the aim to come up with new usage scenarios and corresponding business models.
- to invite students to address challenges from problem owners PAIP and UCASUL, an engineering company and from olive oil industry.
Target audience: PhD, master students, or young professionals in the field of Bioenergy
Expressions of interest: Deadline for student applications: 31 May 2021, participation is for free! Students will be selected by 4 June on the basis of their CV, letter of motivation, and support letters. Please address your expressions of interest to email: email@example.com.
The host of this year’s eseia Student Camp, Luis Duarte, LNEG, has a long-standing experience with the organisation of eseia training events. Thanks to his efforts, many students have been trained in the past ten years by giving them a holistic view of scientific state of the art as well as practical insights into the workings of industries. eseia developed this special cooperative training format during the BioEnergyTrain (BET) project which was successfully completed in 2019.
eseia International Summer School 2021
Topic: Sustainable Solutions for Circular Bio-Based World
This year’s topic of eseia ISS is in line with the Circular Bio-Based Europe strategy. The topic is approached not only from a European perspective but considers also the views from South America and Africa. The ISS offers an exciting combination of lectures, workshops, group tasks and supervised group work with consultations, presentation of ideas with feedback given from the lecturers, and final presentation.
Timing: 27 September- 8 October 2021
Host: eseia member Savonia University of Applied Sciences, Varkaus, Finland
The eseia ISS will be hosted again by Markku Huhtinen, UAS Savonia, Finland fully online. Last year UAS Savonia had already successfully run the event together with colleagues from Karelia UAS and Tanzania.
Purpose of eseia ISS is to offer :
- a combination of lectures, workshops, group tasks and supervised group work with consultations,
- a presentation of ideas with feedback given from the lecturers
- and a final presentation
Target audience: Students will be admitted at post-graduate level.
Expressions of interest:
Deadline for registration: 21 September 2021, participation is for free! Participation is limited to 42 students. Please address your expressions of interest to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find the brochure of the ISS 2021 here